UNC Charlotte is designated as an Academic Center of Excellence in Information Assurance Education and Research (CAE/IAE, and CAER) by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security. Details of the Academic Center of Excellence program can be found HERE. The Center of Cyber Defense and Network Assurability (CyberDNA) at UNC Charlotte is the focal point for cyber security research and education activites at UNC Charlotte. 49th Security Division is a thriving student club at UNC Charlotte focused on cyber security.
- Bachelor of Arts in Software and and Information Systems with Concentration in Cyber Security
- Ph.D. in Computing and Information Systems
- Master's of Science Information Technology with Cyber Security Focus
- Graduate Certificate in Information Security and Privacy
Security Classroom Instructional Laboratories
- Scholarship for Service (SFS) provides two years of full funding for students at undergraduate and master's levels and three years of funding for students pursing doctorial studies.
- CCI GANN Fellowship
- Additional research assistantship information are available on the CyberDNA web site
- CyberDNA hosts annual cyber security symposiums in the fall since 2000
- CyberDNA hosts bi-weely research seminsars
UNC Charlotte subscribes to many research publiations in cyber security. They are freely available to UNC Charlotte faculty and students. Selected highlights are listed below. Access is granted based on UNC Charlotte IP address. Many additional publications related to cyber security are also available at the UNC Charlotte J. Murrey Atkins Library.
- ACM Transaction on Information and Systems Security
- IEEE/ACM Transaction on Networking
- IEEE Security and Privacy
- ACM Conference on Computer and Communication Security
- IEEE Symposium on Information Security and Privacy
- USENIX Secuirty Conferences
- IEEE INFOCOM
- Annual Computer Security Application Conferences
- Computer Security Foundations Workshop
Cyber Security Resources
- National Vulnerability Database
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education
- Current Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education/Research
- SANS Institute
- Open Web Application Security Project
Dr. Ehab Al-Shaer is the Director of CyberDNA. Dr. Bill Chu is the Point of Contact for the NSA/DHS Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and Research.