Cybersecurity at UNC Charlotte is designated as a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education and Research by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security.
For 20 years, University of North Carolina at Charlotte faculty and students have provided a wide range of cybersecurity educational programs and pursued cutting-edge research to enable industry and government professionals to protect their organizations from cyberthreats.
Visit https://cybersecurity.uncc.edu/ for more information.
Cybersecurity Academic Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Concentration in Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Information Technology with Concentration in Information Security and Privacy
- Graduate Certificate in Information Security and Privacy (available 100% online!)
- Ph.D. in Computing and Information Systems with Concentration in Software and Information Systems (SIS)
Research & Educational Laboratories
- SmartHome Lab
- CyberDNA Research Center
- Center for Cybersecurity Analytics and Automation
- Cyber Resiliency, Security, and Trust Lab (CReST)
- Laboratory of Information Integration, Security, and Privacy (LIISP)
- CyberCorps: Scholarship for Service (SFS) provides two years of full funding for students at undergraduate and master's levels and three years of funding for students pursing doctorial studies.
- CCI GANN Fellowship
- Research assistantships available: Department of Software & Information Systems Labs & Research
- Cybersecurity Symposium held annually in the fall (since 2000)
Dr. Jinpeng Wei is the Graduate Program Director for the Department of Software & Information Systems and a Cybersecurity facutly member
Ms. Alyssa Dahmer is the Graduate Program Coordinator for the Department of Software & Information Systems
Dr. Heather Lipford is the is the Participating Institution contact for CyberCorps: Scholarship for Service (SFS)