The Advising Center in the College of Computing and Informatics seek to promote undergraduate learning by coordinating the Computer Science major and its several concentrations. The goal is to ensure that all students graduate on-time and with the technical skills and professional development to become successful computing professionals.
The CCI Advising Center has professional advisors who assist existing and potential Computer Science (CS) students as well as faculty advisors to assist upper-classmen. Based on the student’s individual interests, the advisors can suggest different concentrations and course combinations that will ultimately aid Computer Science students in successfully achieving their goals.
Current Students: Make an appointment with advisors via Starfish (starfish.uncc.edu).
Prospective Students: Email the advisor according to your last name (see below) to set up an appointment.
Location: Woodward Hall 454 (4th floor, past the Dean's suite, advising sign above door).
How Can the Advising Center Help You?
Academic Advisors assist current freshman, new transfer, and potential CS majors with the following:
- Identifying which CS concentrations fits with your interests
- Assistance with planning and navigating your academic goals
- Course scheduling as well as completing the major and General Education requirements
- Explain policies and procedures of CCI as well as for UNCC
- Be a central contact to refer students to the appropriate resource in question, such as:
- Gaining insight about possible career paths
- Learning more information about research opportunities
- Questions about graduate school
George Dellinger, M.Sa.
(Contact if your last name is between L-V)
Gina J. Kelley, M.Ed.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 704-687-8768
(Contact if your last name is between A-K)