Computer Science (CS) Internal Transfers Guidelines
(For current UNC-Charlotte students who are not CS majors who wish to become CS majors.)
The following conditions must be met before the student’s request to Change Majors will be approved:
(1) Must have completed at least 12-credit hours at UNC-Charlotte; and
(2) Overall GPA must be 2.2 or higher; and
(3) Most recent full-time semester GPA must be 2.5 or higher; and
(4) *Must complete ITSC-1212/L with a minimum grade of B; and
(5) Must complete the first math course appropriate for the CS program that the student wishes to join
with a minimum grade of C [MATH-1241 for BS or MATH-1120 for BA].
*If student earns a C in ITSC 1212, they must earn at least a B in ITSC 1213.
Any prospective internal transfer student can discuss his/her situation with any CS academic advisor.
All exceptions to this policy must be approved by the CCI Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs and Administration.
This policy is effective: Feb 1, 2017